Experience:  14 years experience in representing clients, current member of legalshield, legal club of america, NYSUT and UFT attorney

MA Law. I filed chapter 13 bankruptcy in Sept. 08. I have

Customer Question

MA Law. I filed chapter 13 bankruptcy in Sept. '08. I have been paying my monthly fee.
There is a chance that the bankruptcy will be changed to chapter 7 in several week and possibly be dismissed. Would the ch. 13 trustee allow me to get a car loan this coming week of May 3 or do I have to wait?
Expert:  WALLSTREETFIGHTER replied 6 years ago.
no he will make you wait, when you are in a chapter 13 the trustee has to approve any new loans or credit you enter into, you can withdraw from the chapter 13 case now and enter into the loan, and then file a chpater 7 yourself later.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Would it be possible for my MA lawyer to get permission from ch. 13 trustee next week
for a car loan? Or as you said, I should opt out of ch. 13 and go to ch. 7?
it would be possible if you can show you need the car for work, that would be an acceptable reason and that the payments are not too high.