HPlawyer
HPlawyer, Attorney
Experience:  GA Lawyer
17407822

Are girls delinquent for different reasons than boys Is

Customer Question

Are girls delinquent for different reasons than boys? Is it fair to compare the two groups?
Expert:  HPlawyer replied 6 years ago.
Generally speaking, the law does not distinguish boys from girls when it comes to delinquency.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
But are they delinquent for different reasons in your opinion
Expert:  HPlawyer replied 6 years ago.
In my personal opinion, I do believe that girls and boys are delinquent for substantially the same reasons, and it's fair to compare boys and girls. For instance, I believe that peer pressure is a large contributing factor to delinquency in both boys and girls. Similarly, I believe that lack of parenting or guidance is a large contributing factor to delinquency in both boys and girls as well.

I do believe that boys and girls may react to certain stimuli somewhat differently (this is a broad generalization, and as all generalizations, there will always be exceptions to the norm) or they may have slightly different needs, but I still believe that the root causes are fundamentally the same. You have to remember that even though the different sexes might have slightly different needs when comparing one sex to the other, individuals within a particular sex will have different needs among themselves. For instance, one boy might require more attention or guidance than another boy, and the lack of such attention/guidance might result in delinquency in one boy but not another. The differences among individuals within a particular sex, or the differences between boys and girls in general, however, does not mean it's unfair to compare the groups.

With that said, I do believe that delinquency in boys and girls do manifest themselves in different ways. For instance, I believe that boys are inherently more aggressive or violent, and delinquency in boys will tend to reflect such aggressive or violent tendencies-- at least more so than with girls.