Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law
20355756

How can I get my truck back after it has been repossessed

How can I get my truck back after it has been repossessed?
Expert:  Legalease replied 6 years ago.

Hello -- how long ago was it repossessed? Have you received any notifications from the bank/finance company.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It was taken 4 days ago, and I have not any notifications yet.
Expert:  Legalease replied 6 years ago.

Hello again. In Texas, you have 10 days to redeem the vehicle. They have no obligation to notify you of this unless it states otherwise in your contract (you should review the financing/purchase contract with the lender that you signed when you bought the vehicle). You must contact the lender or finance company to determine what their terms are for returning the vehicle to you. In most states (including Texas) if the lender requires the full balance of the loan plus all repossession fees, then that is what you must pay to get it back. Whether or not the lender wants to let you simply catch up on the payments and give you the car back for just that price is completely up to the lender. So -- you have to make that contact and determine what the terms are for getting your vehicle back. If you cannot afford what they are asking, then they will sell it at auction and if there is a difference between what they sell it for and what you owe, they can pursue you for the difference in those amounts.

GOOD LUCK

Please press the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so I will be paid for my time

THANK YOU

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
By redeem you mean for me to get it back?
Expert:  Legalease replied 6 years ago.

Yes -- you have 10 days in which to call them and see what their terms are for you to get it back. I suggest you review your contract and give them a call tomorrow to see what they are willing to offer (or not).

GOOD LUCK