Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

i need a sample letter for an appeal for a penalty fee due

Customer Question

i need a sample letter for an appeal for penalty fee due and interest.My liability was over 100,000 and i paid it one day late.
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.
CreditorName
Address

Re: Account Number .....

Dear Sirs,

I am requesting that you waive the penalty fee and interest assessed on the above referenced account for the month of.......,2010.The payment here was sent only one day late because of end of the year mailing issues.The payment was received only one day late and I am asking that you waive this here as a one time , one day late receipt.I have been timely for all other payments and even this one was received.To me this is fair that such penalty fee and interest be waived here.

Sincerely yours.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I did this same mistake last year. My liability never exceeds a few thousand dollars. I paid the full amount just one day late and would never intentionally have done this.
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.
So write your letter and ask them to waive it based on your good history.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
not satisfied with answer as I noted I made the same mistake last year. No need to answer. Please cancel correspondence and value fee of $18.
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.
Goo luck