P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

Quest pipes used in homes had a recall a number of years ago

Quest pipes used in homes had a recall a number of years ago I have just been informed that i Have to have my mobile home repiped. Do I have any recourse.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Can you tell me, the pipes in question...how long ago was this recall? DO you have a link to the source?

Did you pay to have them installed?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I bought the home 6 years ago it was install in the mid 1980s. I have 5 major leaks under the house and the plumber told me I should have a repipe. He said that Quest pipes were innstalled from new and that Quest pipes were on recall some years ago.
Thanks

And sorry to bear bad news...but it likely too late for you to make a claim against Quest...mostly since you did not purchase or contract to purchase these pipes (one of the piror owners did), the concept of "privity of contract" will prevent your direct suit against Quest.

Also, there was a window for claims for this defect...but this closed last May...so its likely to late to pursue that. More info here

http://www.pbpipe.com/

At this point your only recourse would be to sue the person who sold you the home...but that, frankly, may also been too late....under CA law, you have 4 years to file a contract suit (that is the statute of limitations...more info here) ...its possible you can have that extended if you can show you had no way to reasonably discover this prior to the 4 yers...but that will be an uphill fight.

Sorry I can not give you better news.

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (3) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises; (4) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.