Justice4U
Justice4U, Attorney
Experience:  Broad base of legal experience.
16110456

I have received a letter from Hunt Henriques their saying This

Customer Question

I have received a letter from Hunt Henriques their saying This is a Notice of intention to incur legal fees and court cost by filing suit.
1 A voice message asking me to listen to this message and call them
2 Then they send the letter Mentioned above but sent it to the wrong apartment No. 3 I am in apt 35 - by the time another tenant gave it to me it had been 6 days later (letter Sent March 5, 2010) I received it March 12th on a Friday at 6pm. I called left a message that they sent it to the wrong apt No and that I had not received the letter until now and would call them on the 16th when I was off work and able to talk with them. (I recorded all conversations with them). Available
3 After calling me on my work phone I told them to never call me at that number they call me 2 times later and ask me after I told them I was at work what time can they call me at home.
When I called on the 16th they wanted $10,659 in full but by the time I spoke to them and threatened me with the law suit after I told them I don't have it. After haggling the and them telling me that they had both Cap One accounts they got off the phone and told me the spoke to Capital One and they would not accept anything less than 50% on either account for a total of $7987.00 this was someone name Andrew. The next day I received another call once at work and 2 when I arrived home from a Larry Summers who proceed to have a conversation with me saying some of the same things but added that the bill is now $11300 or something like that because of attorney and filing fees, in the next breath tells me their ready to file within the next 5 days.
The added cost was also for interest by Capital One. Note I have a letter from Alliance One who had the account on Feb 13, 2009 for 8019.09 (did not tell them) I tell Larry that I don't have that kind of money and my Hardships it went in one ear and out the other.
I ask can we get down to something reasonable he begins to threaten and I say I don't know what to do because I don't have that kind of money. so I tell him around $5400.00 for both accounts he say I'll take 5600 for the one larger one and then we can work on the other smaller one. That wasn't the discuss I had with Andrew when I said I wanted both included.
He gets off the phone when I offer 7500.00 even says he called Capital one and they won't do less than 50% he could do it. Then tells me they settle both for $7834.39 I told him I would it be better to have something than nothing he replied Capital one wants me to file Bankruptcy because they can write it off and get paid So it doesn't matter to him if I paid or not they get paid one way or another by garnishing my wages in the lawsuit. I have slept since all night and I will ask my friends and family to help me and see what I could do. So the final was to pay 7500 and I have 30 days to pay the remainder.
I have received no documentation of how it comes to the total they claim, because he claims time has run out. they will wait til Thursday 7 days from now to receive payment or they will file.
I need advice or help? should I seek a attorney? I may not have the funds to take care of this.
Expert:  Justice4U replied 4 years ago.
You should obtain an attorney to assist you in dealing with this collection company. You should consider sending the collection agency a letter advising communications to cease. The creditor may file suit and you will need to obtain representation to defend you. You should not provide any funds or sign any agreements with the collection company without having an attorney review the agreement. It is likely that once you obtain representation you can reach a payment arrangement.

Thank you

Please click on the ACCEPT button for my answer so that I receive credit for assisting you. You may continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting. If the information is helpful, I would very much appreciate positive feedback. Bonuses are also appreciated. The responses do not create an attorney-client relationship and are informational only.
Justice4U, Attorney
Experience: Broad base of legal experience.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I need referral to some I can trust and suggestions on what kind Representation I should be looking for. I don't want to dig a deeper whole
Expert:  Justice4U replied 4 years ago.
To obtain an attorney you should consider using the bar association lawyer referral service which will match you with an attorney meeting your needs. You may specify a consumer protection attorney in your request to the lawyer referral service. This service is a useful means to find an attorney conveniently in your area. Go to:

http://www.calbar.ca.gov/state/calbar/calbar_generic.jsp?cid=10182&id=1403

Thank you