Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law

I am currently working through a temp agency for one of their

I am currently working through a temp agency for one of their clients. The client is going to replace my temp agency with another. The new temp agency wanted to hire me to continue the same job, sounds good. However, the temp agency that I work for sent threating correspondence to the new temp agency. My current temp agency claimed that they have a contract with me and that if I am hired they will take the new temp agency to court for a settlement payment. I have no written or verbal contract with my current temp agency. Because of the hassle the new temp agency is no longer interested in hiring me. Is this a case of slander?
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.
Thanks or your question.You may well have defamation case here or other civil suit.Obviously there is no employment contract and they have damaged you in this matter.You would need lawyer here locally to send demand letter and then file suit if unresolved. You have good facts to pursue damages from temporary agency in this situation.