How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legalease Your Own Question
Legalease, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16363
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Legalease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My grandmother recently passed away. Another family member

Resolved Question:

My grandmother recently passed away. Another family member that was helping take care of her managed to convince her 4 days after getting out of the hospital to reward her the 100 percent benifactor of her living trust. At the time of my grandmother being released from the hospital she was put under hospice care. Her condition in the hospital was grave but she made it through and managed to live 5 more months. Believing my grandmother was in any condition to make that decision to amend a trust she had in place for 11 years is laughable. The amendment appears to be legal so my question is do I have a chance proving that my grandmother was not capable of making such a decision in her ill state.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Legalease replied 7 years ago.

It is hard to make the argument of mental incompetence and it may get expensive -- lawyers charge by the hour for this type of case, and if you end up in a genuine will contest in court with a trial you could be looking at upwards of 15 grand in legal fees. If your grandmother's estate is worth that much that it would cover the fees for such a court case, then you might want to think about it. Other than that, there are no other real actions that you can take.




Please press the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so I will be paid for my time.


Legalease and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions