Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law

My grandmother recently passed away. Another family member

My grandmother recently passed away. Another family member that was helping take care of her managed to convince her 4 days after getting out of the hospital to reward her the 100 percent benifactor of her living trust. At the time of my grandmother being released from the hospital she was put under hospice care. Her condition in the hospital was grave but she made it through and managed to live 5 more months. Believing my grandmother was in any condition to make that decision to amend a trust she had in place for 11 years is laughable. The amendment appears to be legal so my question is do I have a chance proving that my grandmother was not capable of making such a decision in her ill state.
Expert:  Legalease replied 6 years ago.

It is hard to make the argument of mental incompetence and it may get expensive -- lawyers charge by the hour for this type of case, and if you end up in a genuine will contest in court with a trial you could be looking at upwards of 15 grand in legal fees. If your grandmother's estate is worth that much that it would cover the fees for such a court case, then you might want to think about it. Other than that, there are no other real actions that you can take.

Please press the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so I will be paid for my time.