Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

In August 2009 during a visit to Dallas Texas I placed a contract

Customer Question

In August 2009 during a visit to Dallas Texas I placed a contract on a home to be built. I had to make several trips back to Texas to finish design and selections -- the contract in the design center required a 50% deposit for personal selections. I left Dallas without making a deposit and took time to review the selections and the pricing. I discovered a few errors in the contract (i.e incorrect prices, and request an updates). I was asked to make another deposit, which I did to show good faith. Finally, 7 March 2010, we reach agreement and I decided to proceed after talking with the sale manager about leasing the home after construction. I received on 23 Mar a letter from the contractor/builder saying that they would keep my deposits if I did not submit the 50% deposit for personal selections in the prescribed time (but no time was listed in the letter). I replied with a request for information about the timeline and received on today a termination letter. What are my options
Expert:  MShore replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the post, when was the 50% deposit deadline?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The deposit is due when all pricing and selections are agreed to and signed. The pricing issue was resolved on 8 March via fax and telephone calls
Expert:  MShore replied 6 years ago.
You mentioned that you were asked to make another deposit, when was the first deposit made?