xavierjd
xavierjd, Attorney
Experience:  20+ yrs in criminal, landlord/tenant, family, & small claims
14261217

I was aressted on Jan. 30th for DWI, carelous opperation and

I was aressted on Jan. 30th for DWI, carelous opperation and simple poss 1. My court date is April 1st and my lawyer called me last minute and has a serious case he needs to tend to so will not be representing me tomorow. D0 I plead guilty? Do i say i want to use 894?......im scared and know nothing about the court system. What do I do? I did blow a .161 though. HELP
Expert:  xavierjd replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.com!

From the facts you've described, you can go to court and plead not guilty, explain to the judge that you've hired an attorney but you got a phone call from him saying that he had a court conflict, and ask for an adjournment.

When the court gives you a new date, call your attorney and give him the new date so he can go with you.

Good luck and best wishes. I hope that you find this information to be helpful!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
when his secretary called to inform me that HE would not be there to represent me they said for me to plead guilty.....and that my attorney would be at the next court date, really what do i plead
Expert:  xavierjd replied 6 years ago.
NOT GUILTY. That will put everything on "pause" until the next court date when your attorney is there and can walk you through the steps.