Amber E.
Amber E., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced practitioner in areas of Divorce, Custody, Social Security, and Contract disputes.
17831645

my wife filed for chid support, my son lives with me and goes

my wife filed for chid support, my son lives with me and goes to her parents house were she lives on weekends returns sunday night he is 15 years old. my daughter lives at her parents house with her she is 18 years old. she visits me but does not stay with me. I also pay medical, dental vison insurance for all of us. as well as giving our children money and food, clothing and such. what can I do
Q. my wife filed for child support, ...what can I do

You can file an Answer. The county clerk of court should have the appropriate form available. In an answer, you present whatever defenses you have to the action filed against you. For example, if she is filing for child support for the 15 year old, then you could respond that the child lives with you. She can not collect child support for a child that does not live with her. But, you will have to submit proof of his residency (e.g. school or medical records that show his address). If she is filing for child support for the 18 year old, then you could respond that the child has graduated high school (if she has) and no longer requires your assistance (if she does not).

In other words, either you owe child support or you do not, and if you believe that you do not, then it is your responsibility at this point to let the court know why. It is difficult to give you any specifics, though, because what you do really depends on what the particular facts of your case.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
sorry i've already thought of that
It is not a question of thinking of it; legally, there is not much of an option, and there is often a deadline. So, whatever you decide, you should act quickly to avoid a default judgment.