MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced attorney in contract law, litigation and employment law
16277701

How long does it take for a breach of contract lawsuit to be

How long does it take for a breach of contract lawsuit to be resolved in GA
The issue is clear unpaid invoices for 172,000
Expert:  MDLaw replied 6 years ago.
There is no set time limit. A civil lawsuit can take anywhere from a few months to a few years. It all depends on the number of evidentiary issues, discovery, depositions, the calendars of the attorneys involved and the judge, how many motions are filed, etc.

Please let me know if this answers your question. If it does not, feel free to ask me for clarification. If it does answer your question, please remember to hit the ACCEPT button as that is the only way that we experts get compensated for taking the time to research and respond to your questions.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

My company is located in Mexico City and sold to an Atlanta based company.

We did not specify jurisdiction on the invoices. Which court will deal with this, and can we also sue for legal expenses incurred to recoup the money?

Expert:  MDLaw replied 6 years ago.
If a lawsuit has not yet been filed, it will depend on where the transaction took place and where the defendant is located. That will determine jurisdiction.

You cannot generally recoup legal expenses in a breach of contract suit unless the contract specifically states that the winning party is entitled to legal fees in the case of a lawsuit.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The sale was made and goods delivered to the Atlanta Company.

The amount is $172,000.00

Expert:  MDLaw replied 6 years ago.
If the defendant was located in Atlanta, then the plaintiff would sue in Atlanta.