How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33102
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sons wife ran off with another man,took my grandson,went

This answer was rated:

My son's wife ran off with another man,took my grandson,went to Hawaii,now she came back to Missouri with my grandson and is with a different man. My son has continued to try to keep in contact and put money in her account back home in Iowa. Please advise. Where to start. She is trying to keep my grandson from my son and us. Thanks.
Have there been any orders entered? How long was she gone? How long in each state?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No legal action has been taken by my son or his estranged wife. My son has talked with different lawyers and they told him to just sit back and see if she files first. Well,she left to go to Hawaii on 10-01-2008 thru 04-30-10, then 05-01-10-present in Missouri. My son works on the road truck driver,he was working in Colorado in 10/2008 for two weeks,in that time she packed up,sold everything,they rented apt,at that time, then her parents took her to airport in MPLS to fly to Hawaii to meet this other guy.

I found her on facebook, otherwise she had not told any of us the plan. So... her and my son are legally married, the little boy will be 4 on May 15th,2010.

Thanks much.

It can't be 5/1/10 to present because we're not in May yet. Did you mistype something?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sorry, wrong dates, can't tell I am frustrated. October 1 2008 to 4-30-2009 in Hawaii, then 5-1-09 to present in Missouri. thanks much.
No problem, that's what I figured it was.

My suggestion would be for your son to file and get orders in place before she leaves again. Since she has been in Missouri for over six months Missouri courts have jurisdiction again.

He can ask for temporary order including custody, visitation, etc. Once those orders are entered if she runs off again she will be in deep trouble. Be sure and have the orders where if your son is on the road during visitation times then you can get the visits instead of him.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B. and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you