skelly151
skelly151, Lawyer
Experience:  Litigation specialist, Probate and Estate law, Collection law, contract disputes, builder issues
8748477

My wifes employer has made her work in a office where she

Customer Question

My wife's employer has made her work in a office where she is the only occupant. The office is full of black mold and bird fecies which has made her sick over the last 9 months. She has complained numerous times but to no avail. The building she is in is leased from a doctor who is also a shareholder in the company she works for. Her employer has told her she would have to see him and for him to say it was the mold or bird fecies that were making her sick before they would do anything. This doctor has also sexually harassed her on numerous occasions and she reported it. Her employer laughed it off and did nothing. What can we do?
Expert:  skelly151 replied 7 years ago.
She can go to the Equal Employment Oppy Commission and complain about a hostile work environment and sexual harassment. If they find probable cause they will file a complaint against the employer.
Expert:  skelly151 replied 7 years ago.
Did you contact the EEOC