xavierjd, Attorney
Experience:  20+ yrs in criminal, landlord/tenant, family, & small claims

I have a truck lease with chevy. GMAC is the leasing corp.

I have a truck lease with chevy. GMAC is the leasing corp. Trucked was towed away two weeks ago to nearest chevy dealership. Went to take the kids to school one morning - the car started and sounded like a garbage truck and I could not get it out of 4wd....about a half mile away from my home I turned the wheel right it grindind horribly - I lost steering and the truck stalled. (Almost hit a tree) I try restarting it and and can barely turn the wheel. Felt like a car from 1970 without power steering.
Roadside picks it up and dealership/service has no idea what is wrong - they can't figure out why the engine is misfiring and at this point - the service technician tells me there's an engine malfunction. I complain to GMAC and Chevy....Chevy has not returned calls for 48 hours and the dealer/service will not give me any information about what is wrong with the car. They went from being very informative to watching every word and now I can't even get to the guy who is working on it. I despe
Expert:  xavierjd replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for using!

Can you please clarify what your question is that you would like assistance with?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

My lease is up in November. I don't feel comfortable getting back into this vehicle...especially with three small children. I asked GMAC to early terminate my lease and I would pay any extra mileage/wear or tear. (there is neither - I've kept the truck immaculate) They said until Chevy responds to their complaint and mine - I am responsible for all payments. Chevy has not returned my calls yesterday or today. (District manager) Dealer was very evasive about the issue "we're still scratching our heads"

I want out of the truck so that I can get another vehicle. Been without transportation for two weeks because we can't fit all three car seats in the back seat of my husbands sedan. Chevy is not responsive and I need a solution.

Expert:  xavierjd replied 6 years ago.
Is your auto still under warranty?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

yes. The "drivetrain" is still under warranty. When the car was taken there I called service to tell them it was a lease and that the 36k b-b warranty had expired so before doing any work that wouldn't be covered to call me. (My brothers own a station so if something costly had to be done I would have it towed there)

Service manager said it's an engine/drivetrain issue and the truck is still covered. He assured me GM would cover it and even last I spoke to him on Monday he assured me but could not yet tell me what exactly is wrong because they haven't found the issue yet.

Chevy finally promised a loaner free of charge but it's been three days since that promise because "we only pay enterprise for GM vehicles and they are all out". GMAC says to push Chevy and be adomant....but I'm getting no-where and horribly inconvenienced.

Expert:  xavierjd replied 6 years ago.

Then you may want to consider hiring a local consumer protection law attorney and review your options to possibly filing a breach of contract / warranty lawsuit. At a minimum, maybe this attorney can get people marching for you with the making of a phone call or faxing of a strong letter.

For this type of work, even though it doesn't involve a "new" vehicle, you may find that an attorney who specializes in "lemon law" will be the most knowledgeable and helpful for you. Be sure to bring a copy of all of your paperwork with you to the meeting.

Good luck and best wishes! I hope that you find this information to be helpful!