socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

I live in Sacramento County, California. I have a neighbor

I live in Sacramento County, California. I have a neighbor who has put up a tree house that looks into my yard and invades privacy and is a nuisance. Is there anything that c an be done?<br /><br />I need to find legal grounds to take this matter to court.  The tree house is degrading the value of my property. 
Expert:  socrateaser replied 6 years ago.

Sac. County Dangerous Building Code 16.22.301 enumerates various conditions which constitute a public nuisance. If you can show that even one of the specifed conditions is violated, then that is grounds for the county to order the tree house's removal.

If Code Enforcement refuses to act, then you could sue the county to force them to act, via a Writ of Mandamus, or you could sue the neighbor in small claims for private nuisance, on the theory that the tree house location presents a continuing danger to your person and property.

Hope this helps.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you. This helps.
You're welcome and good luck.