skelly151, Lawyer
Experience:  Litigation specialist, Probate and Estate law, Collection law, contract disputes, builder issues

I am in Texas.I trusted a man i new for several year and went

I am in Texas.I trusted a man i new for several year and went in a bussiness with him.He had 17000 dollar bussiness transaction went south on him which i used a credit card to pay the bill with for him only with and typed signed agreement by both of us he would pay 1500. a mounth till paid.It has been about 16 months now still with 14000 owed on it 500 hundred a month paid from him which is like pulling ready to take legal action fill judgment against him or something.need advise.
Expert:  skelly151 replied 6 years ago.
Call the clerks office in the federal court where he lives and check that he actually filed for bankruptcy. If he did I am sorry to tell you that if you sue him likely a stay will be entered by him and the bankruptcy court against the suit which will stop it but you want to be sure he filed. If he did fill out a proof of claim form so you can get a share of the assets used to pay in the bankruptcy proceeding.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It showed last week in the local paper.
Expert:  skelly151 replied 6 years ago.
Then you request a proof of claim from the bankruptcy court clerk and fill it out so you get a share of the assets.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Questions and statements could go on and on.but ill take your info and not wast anymore of your time.Thank you very much.SKelly151.

Expert:  skelly151 replied 6 years ago.
Sure thing and remember to hit accept. Good luck