skelly151
skelly151, Lawyer
Experience:  Litigation specialist, Probate and Estate law, Collection law, contract disputes, builder issues
8748477

I have a camper on a lot in the NC mountains. In a severe ice

I have a camper on a lot in the NC mountains. In a severe ice storm last month, a tree on my lot broke off on top and hit my neighbors camper causing some damage. am I responsible for the damage to his camper? Does it matter if the tree was healthy prior and had not appeared to be a problem? I did not have insurance at the time, will his insurance cover in any event?

Than ks
If you had no notice that it was diseased than it is an Act of God and you are not responsible for the damage. They will have to make their own claim under their insurance for the damage.