JaxLawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Over eight years of practice in several practice areas.

The weekly trash truck backed over my buried septic tank and

The weekly trash truck backed over my buried septic tank and crushed the lid; there was no way he could have known it was there. but should not be backing up in the drive way that it sits under. Does the trash company bear any responsibility?
Expert:  JaxLawyer replied 6 years ago.

Yes, the trash company could be held responsible. It depends on a lot more facts than what you have provided, but basically it is as you said, they may not have known the septic tank was there but a reasonable person should know that driving a truck on to someone's yard would cause damage.

You should pay a visit to a few different attorneys who specialize in automobile accidents. Any good attorney who practices in this area will give you a free consultation, and will be able to tell you based on all of the facts whether or not you have a case.