Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience corporate, litigation, international
18695994

how to file an emergency stay of writ for eviction the last

Customer Question

how to file an emergency stay of writ for eviction the last day to file anything is today and The judge ruled against us on 3/18 although the property owner has not been paying his taxes we had to pay him and since we haven't since nov 1. We were given 10 days to move, but I have a medical emergency my husband has been in the hospital since 1/14 or we would have been out already, I need one more week. Also his money judgement is for twice what he is actually owed I live in michigan
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 7 years ago.

You have to file a motion brought on by order to show cause. Call the clerk and explain the situation and they will tell you what you need to bring. You will have to call the other side to tell them you are going in to make the request for an emergency stay.

An order to show cause is a request to have a motion heard on very short notice and it would contain a request to stay the eviction for the one week you need.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.