Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I would like to cancel my Unemployment claim and refile at

Customer Question

I would like to cancel my Unemployment claim and refile at a later date. I was laid off after 5 1/2 months andthe EDD will not count my 4th quarter earnings. It is within 30 days and i want to refile in april to access my 4th quarter earnings, which are the highest.can i do this?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 7 years ago.
You can send them a letter telling them you are withdrawing your request for unemployment benefits at this time. The problem you have is it is a bureaucracy and this isn't something they see very often so they may not know what to do. If it were me I probably wouldn't tell them why I was withdrawing the request.

They don't have the right to make you accept the benefits.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can I refile a claim against the same company in april after I cancel to access my fourth quarter earnings or by cancelling my claim does that make me ineligible for benefits?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 7 years ago.
Canceling your claim shouldn't have any effect. For all unemployment knows you have gotten a job and no longer qualify, etc.