Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

What does a Judgment of Dismissal mean in terms of a case being

What does a Judgment of Dismissal mean in terms of a case being extended on the Inactive Calendar for dismissal per Rule 38.1 (d), Arizona Rule of Civil Procedure. "It is therefore ordered dismissing all unadjudicated claims of this case without prejudice for lack of prosecution."
All I want to know is if I am able to take this off my credit report. I want to know if I am clear of this issue.

Full Report:
"Judgement of Dismissal
Court reflect this case was previously place or extended on the Inactive Calendar for dismissal per Rule 38.1 (d), Arizonal Rule of Civil Procedure, unless specified action was taken before a certain date. The date has passed, and the specified action has not been taken. It is therefore ordered dismissing all unadjudicated claims of this case without prejudice for lack of prosecution."
Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for contacting our JA team for guidance.

The case would be taken off the court's calendar/docket since it has been dismissed. It can be refiled since it was dismissed without prejudice if the statute of limitations has not run yet.

Please let me know if you need clarification by pressing the "Reply" button. If you press "Relist", I will not be notified that you have requested my assistance.

Best regards XXXXX XXXXX

Tina G

___________________________________________________________________________________

Please press the "accept" button so I may be credited and paid for my time when I have answered/clarified your question. Positive feedback and a bonus are always appreciated. Thank you very much.

NOTE: This open forum is for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. It is strongly recommended that you seek representation by a local attorney for all legal matters. I understand that you may be disappointed by the answer you receive if it is not favorable to your situation. We work diligently to provide you with the correct answer under the law, whether it benefits you or not. Since we have no control over the development of the law, we ask you not to hold that against us. We continue to be dedicated in providing you with professional, courteous, and prompt service.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I updated the question just a second ago. I just wanted to know if I can relax knowing that this can not come back to haunt me in the future. Can the prosecution take action in the future? If so what could I do to stop it?
Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.
It depends on what type of case it is and whether the statute of limitations has passed, which is a new issue altogether.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is a civil debt collection case that was filed over more than a year ago. I have recieved a judgement in favor of the prosecution and about a year later the dismissal letter came. Any input on this specific question would be helpful. I am looking to buy a house and I need this off my credit. I have not been pursued by the prosecution since the dismissal letter came in July of 2009, and that was a year after the judgement. If you could guess to that would be helpful.

Thanks

Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.
It depends on when the debt was incurred and what type of debt it was. I don't want to guess.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.

Full Report:
"Judgement of Dismissal

Optional Information:
State/Country relating to Question: Arizona
Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.
We need to know what type of debt and when the last activity on the account occurred in order to answer this question.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
March 18, 2008 was the last date of activity on the account. The account itself was a motorcycle loan which could not be paid due to loss of income. The credit report to-date shows the loan "charged-off".
Expert:  Tina replied 4 years ago.
I see. The statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit for a judgment on the debt is 6 years in AZ. So the creditor can refile the lawsuit any time within that 6 year period from the date of the last activity on the account. Since it is a legitimate debt, it will remain on your credit report for 7 years.

Good luck and take care.
Tina, Lawyer
Experience: JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.