Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

if money is left in trust for someone how do they get the money,

if money is left in trust for someone how do they get the money, if the heir has never seen the trust and was only verbally told by deceased that money was to be left them.
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Do you know if there was a will? Was the trust in the will or is the only thing you know that a trust was created....possibly?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't know if there was a separate will I'm assuming that it was part of the trust, is that a wrong assumption? Does a trust get filed in the count clerks office?
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
A trust can be separate from a will, or part of it and be created at probate of the will (called a spill over trust). Your attorney has to do some researching and see if such a trust exists either way, either by probate or set up aside from it. Some legal footwork has to be done on your behalf - that's the only way you'll ever know.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work. Understand that when you put in your payment info, you still have not paid until you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”