Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

If you have a Domestic Battery 3rd degree, in Arkansas can

Customer Question

If you have a Domestic Battery 3rd degree, in Arkansas can I be accepted to nursing school or will it show up on a background and can I get my concealed weapon permit back?
Expert:  AttorneyTom replied 7 years ago.
Was it a conviction? Did you plead guilty? Was it dismissed?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

He plead not guilty, was found guilty and was convicted $1000.00, 45 days in jail, anger management, no contact order for 1 year.

Whether or not a school accepts you will be a matter of the school's discretion.

I'm going to opt out and allow others to view your question, as I do not have an answer regarding the restoration of firearms rights in that circumstance. Someone should be with you shortly.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I heard that they run a federal background check? Wouldn't that show up in the report? I thought some act had been implemented to prohibit violent offenders to these programs or was I misinformed?

Because I do not have an answer to a substantial portion of your question, I've opted out. Hopefully, someone will be with you shortly.

I am not personally aware of a law that prohibits domestic violence convicts from entering the medical field, thoguh that could certainly affect licensure.

Someone who can answer your entire question should be with you shortly. Please do not respond to this message as doing so locks the question to me and prevents others from responding.