Lawmoe, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Lawyer with 19 years of litigation experience in state and federal court systems.

I have a 2 yr old son whos father remains unknow however I

I have a 2 yr old son whos father remains unknow however I was with a man since my 5th month of pregnancy and we were married 12 months later. He is not the father of my child however it is the only father my child has known. We have now been seperated for 8 months and filing for divorce. Is he responsible for child support?

Thank you for the post.

If the child was born before the marriage and your spouse has not been adjudicated the father in court or adopted the child, he would have no legal relationship to the child and, thus no obligation of child support.

Thank you for Choosing JustAnswer. Please CLICK ACCEPT BELOW so that I may be compensated for my work.