P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience

how do i put a judgement on someones credit report who refuses

how do i put a judgement on someones credit report who refuses to pay a civil claim I won against them?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

The easiest way is to turn this over to a collections agency...they will take a percentage of the money received...but they have the power to report directly to the credit reporting agencies.

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (3) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises; (4) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So the collection agency will pay me a percentage of the total judgement plus interest
Yes, that is give to them and if they collect, they keep some and give the rest to you. You can negotiate what % this is.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok so i dont get my money upfront from them?...Can I do that and still use other actions to collect?
SOME give you upfront...typically a small amount (like 10% or less). Most operate that they pay when they get paid...and they give a higher percent 40% or more.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
..and i can continue with other methods of collection as well?
No, once you sell, you loose the right to collect
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What are the other alternatives to having it show up on credit report without loosing my rights
None, unless your a landord and this stems from a rental. Otherwise, there is not a way for you as an individual to place an entry onto anohers credit report.