Lawmoe, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Lawyer with 19 years of litigation experience in state and federal court systems.

I have an order of protection against M. He retaliated by

I have an order of protection against M. He retaliated by getting an order of protection against me. He has now had me arrested 6 different times in different towns in the area alledging that I called and threaten him. Something I have not done. In 3 of the locations where he had me arrested the charges have been dismissed. Now he's going to other towns in the area and having me arrested. What can I do to stop this? I can't stop him from lying on the arrest warrent, but can I have him arrested for filing a false report? This among other things (slashed tires x2 - can't prove it was him, but I suspect it was), home damage - again no proof or witness. What can I do to stop this harassment?
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 6 years ago.

First, the municipality where he makes the complaint may file criminal charges for making a false report. If contacted, present them with documentation of the previous claims and ask them to consider criminal charges for a false report. With the number of unsubstantiated claims made, I would assume criminal charges would be pursued.

Second, unfortunately, a court cannot preclude a person from making police reports. It would violate their constitutional rights and be contrary to public policy. the remedy is to prosecute a person when a false report is made.