Lawmoe, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Lawyer with 19 years of litigation experience in state and federal court systems.

IF YOU WRITE A 1500 ELECTRONIC CHECK AND IT BOUNCES WHAT CAN HAPPEN ? its a out of state company for capitalone debt.
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 6 years ago.

If it was a check to a merchant, that merchant will demand payment in full. If payment is not made, they may document their demand and turn the matter over to the state for potential criminal charges of theft by check.

If the check was written while the person making the check knew or should have known that the account was closed or that they had insufficient funds, it may be a basis for a criminal conviction.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i knew it would could be a problem and i tried to make them wait a little longer biut they will not. what should i do
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 6 years ago.

I would make arrangements to pay the check or you potential face greater fees related to hiring a lawyer to defend against a criminal prosecution where your record could be impacted.

There are few other options here I am afraid.