Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

how do i know if im being scammed

how do i know if i'm being scammed
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

Good afternoon. If it is a legitimate lender, then any money that you would be required to fund as consideration for obtaining the loan should either be: i) escrowed with an independent escrow agent to be held until the loan closed and if it did not it would be refunded to you, or ii) taken from the loan proceeds at closing. If instead they are insisting on money to be paid to them now before they have performed, you are going to get scammed...you will end up with no loan and your 4 months payments will be gone.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok so what if they say its i pay the 4 months but then i don't have to pay for 4 months..... so instead of it coming off the end it comes off the beginning.... would you still think it was a scam???
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

As long as you don't have to pay anything until the loan has been closed. If you have to put the 4 months up now before the loan is closed, you're most likely getting scammed. They will take your 4 months and then come up with some reason later for why your loan did not close, how it was somehow your fault, and as a result you don't get your 4 months of payment back.