Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

in texas family law, what is the statute of limitations for

Customer Question

in texas family law, what is the statute of limitations for recovery of health insurance cost and medical expenses to obligee from the obligor of child support in the case of a 22 year old adult child with no dissabilities that has been emancipated since may 1996.That is the date she graduated high school.From then until now i have been paying back child support which is now paid in full and the childs mother is trying to get these funds ordered payable as contempt of court.
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

There is a jurisdictional limitation after termination of the obligation of ten years for judgments. Texas Family Code section 157.005.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
FLAandNYLawyer,so does this mean that the funds my ex is petitioning for on medical expenses and premiums from 4 years ago can be awarded to her in court? The child is noe 22 and the child support and arrearages were paid in full with auto-pay from my job. What about her failure to let me have my daughter as set forth in the court orders? would that also have the same statute of limitations and would she be in contempt for such offenses? If so,what what could happen to her for this?
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.
so does this mean that the funds my ex is petitioning for on medical expenses and premiums from 4 years ago can be awarded to her in court?
correct

The child is noe 22 and the child support and arrearages were paid in full with auto-pay from my job. What about her failure to let me have my daughter as set forth in the court orders?
Since the court can no longer enforce the visitation, the issue is moot