Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

I had a false restraining order place an me and my business,

I had a false restraining order place an me and my business, what can i do to have the restraining order removed so I can open my business back up.
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

A temporary restraining order (TRO) is issued by the court based only on the allegations in the paperwork. Typically a judge will sign the TRO immediately.

There will be a hearing at a later date to determine whether the TRO should be extended.

At that hearing, you may be heard and may present your side. If you are successful, the TRO will be dismissed.

After your case is dismissed, you may want to retain counsel to bring an action against the person defamation

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.

Best wishes for a successful outcome. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to submit them to me directly.

Thank you,