How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Justice4U Your Own Question
Justice4U, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 11385
Experience:  Broad base of legal experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Justice4U is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an elderly neghbor who has been hospitalized for the

Customer Question

I have an elderly neghbor who has been hospitalized for the last since January 10 2010 and she has absolutely no family or close friend to help her. I have been taking care of her home, retrieving her mail, making sure her bills are paid and signing hospital papers for her care. I have been going to the hospital on a daily basis to visit her and the attending Psychiatrist deemed her incontinent and concluded that she is suffering from dementia and has most likely for quite some time. I would like to file a petition with the Baltimore County circuit court for full Guardianship to insure her needed care. I need help in writing and properly submitting this legal action.
Submitted: 7 years ago via RocketLawyer.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Justice4U replied 7 years ago.
It appears that you will need the assistance of an elder law attorney. There are many complicated issues to consider when petitioning for gaurdianship. You will need an attorney to draft the required documents for you and represent you in court. You will also need to meet with the attorney and have an in-depth diiscussion about the details of gaurdianship. I would suggest that you contact legal aid services in Baltimore. Specifically, there is a program designed for elder law issues. These services are free. At the following page you will find contact information for:

Bar Association of Baltimore City Legal Services to the Elderly Program
111 North Calvert Street, Suite 631, Baltimore, MD 21202


There is a phone number you may contact at the link above for the elderly program.

Thank you

Please click on the ACCEPT button for my answer so that I receive credit for assisting you. You may continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting. If the information is helpful, I would very much appreciate positive feedback. Bonuses are also appreciated. The responses do not create an attorney-client relationship and are informational only.