Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I live in Illinois, my neighbor installed 2 backyard surveillance

I live in Illinois, my neighbor installed 2 backyard surveillance cameras and they are pointing to my backyard and back of my house. I am concerned due to my privacy. What can I do about this?
Expert:  Sam replied 6 years ago.

hi

unfortunately, there is no law against installation of such cameras. the only law is they cannot be installed so they are viewing what is going on inside your home. if they are pointing into your yard only there is no legal recourse for you. if you feel they are pointing directly into you home, then you need to contact the local police and have then evaluate the situation to see if they are. if so, then you can consider filing a lawsuit to have the cameras removed or installed so that are redirected so as not to be viewing into your home. anything outside is not considered an invasion of privacy.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Can we put up something to block his view into my backyard? I feel this is an invasion of my privacy. I can't even sit in my yard withought haveing eyes on me. This is creapy?