Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Attorney
Experience:  19 Years of Legal Practice Experience in this precise field.
10805288

I went to a doctor to get a shot in my spine. i paid what

I went to a doctor to get a shot in my spine. i paid what they said the office call would cost. On the day of the shot I asked what the procedure would cost so that i could pay for it since I did not have any insurance, they quoted me a price and I paid it. Tow weeks later I recieved a bill for over $900.00 more twice what I was quoted. I phoned the office and they said they would check on it then they never called me back just sent me another bill for the $900.00. They know I don't have insurance it was all discussed before hand along with the amount. When I went for my last ncheck up I took the bill with me and complanted once agian they told me they would check it out but I just received another bill. I don't know what to do I don't have the money nor do I feel it's right to tell someone a price then doulble it later. What can I do so that my credit doesn't get ruined.
Expert:  Alexia Esq. replied 4 years ago.

DearCustomer

This is not the first I have heard of this. I would write them a FIRM letter, mailed certified r.r.r. providing a chronology of what has occurred, how the price was $X, how you agreed to the procedure and price. How you paid the price, here is a copy of a check you accepted as per our agreement. Your demand for $900 is in error and contract to our agreement. Please be advised that if you do not rectify this immediately or in any way defame me to and credit reporting agency or other 3rd party of any kind, or otherwise make a false statement with regard to this transaction, I will have no choice but to seek redress though the courts for said defamation and damage. I will also have no choice but to seek penalties against you under the Fair Credit Reporting Act. (You can find that here.) I will be monitoring my credit closely to ensure you do not violate my rights. Please correct your billing and notify me accordingly.

Sometimes pointing to them the laws they will be violating helps wake of the office manager.

Good luck here.

Hope this helps to clarify. If it does, please click ACCEPT and follow up if needed after you do so. Also, if you exceeded the one question one answer standard, and the expert provided you with answers to your additional questions, BONUS is an appreciated way of saying thank you! This expert's credit proceeds go towards providing volunteer provisions for the disabled. Thank you for helping!

I believe I have answered your question and I hope you a better understanding of your legal issue as a result. As you know, I am only the messenger, not your attorney, nor can I create favorable law if it doesn't exist, so please don't hold it against me if the legal result is not what you wish. ACCEPTING the Answer a so ensures I will be able to assist your with your future legal question. In addition, Positive "FEEDBACK" and BONUSES are also appreciated. If you would like my assistance in the future, just put my name, STEPHANIE JOY, in your title or first sentence of a new post. Please keep in mind that I can only respond to your post and the information contained in it, as I do not know what you know unless you describe it fully. Also, due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so I apologize in advance if it means more interactions between us. At times, there can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break, or if it is late at night, I may have to go get some shut eye til morning, but rest assured, I'll be back for you. Thanks

Sincerely,

S. Joy, Legal Expert

My Standard and Required Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me here is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice and you agree that the nominal price you may voluntarily pay for information here clearly does not pay for any legal advice. I am neither establishing nor accepting an attorney-client relationship with you. You must hire an attorney in your state as a matter of law, in order to receive legal advice and attorney/client relationship and rights. I do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided or whose law would apply, if any. My licensing credentials are noted in my profile, which you have full access to. As law is always changing, you are recommended to consult with the appropriate legal counsel in your jurisdiction for accurate and complete information. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a great day.

Alexia Esq., Managing Attorney
Experience: 19 Years of Legal Practice Experience in this precise field.