Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

i have struggled for a long time with chronic hepatitis B for

Customer Question

i have struggled for a long time with chronic hepatitis B for over 30 years, and to use it in a punchline on the tv show Glee, i was outraged, and embarrassed, my partner loves the show I can not stand it because of that episode and further more they continue that role as commercial. Do they not understand the effects of this disease, I'm a stage 2 liver disease when i get to stage 3 there is no cure but to have a transplant, I take an old HIV med for my oral chemo, I cant afford it now because its over 800.00 a month, I cant work now because I stay sick but i cant get disability because not sick enough I in the process of taking that on. I didnt get this from bad sexual behavior I got sometime before I was 16, the red cross found it the first time i donated blood, the ironic thing is I'm judged because I'm gay, I am ashamed because people like writers for glee put this in there dialog. This disease is very bad and glee needs to stop talking about things they dont know. can you help?
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Are you saying you want to stop Glee from discussing Hep B?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

yes, it is very embarrassing and maybe set up a fund on education on hep b.

Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
I'm sorry, but freedom of speech allows shows to discuss sensitive topics as long as they do no malign individuals. The best possible court of action is to WRITE to the show to express your views ans perhaps with enough reaction from outraged viewers, the context will be dropped; but no legal action can be undertaken here. I am sorry. People come through attorney doors all the time who are morally wronged, but for which no legal avenues exist. This is one of these cases.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up info.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ORANGE ACCEPT button for my answer. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work. Understand that when you put in your payment info, you still have not paid until you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at If you do this, make sure to being the question with “This Question is for Eli…”