Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Can I bring legal actions against a supervisor, but not include

Can I bring legal actions against a supervisor, but not include the employer. This would stem from hostile work environment, defamation of character....untrue accusations.

Please I need some closure ...she is trying to get me fired....
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

I need some more background info, pls?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

In my 40 plus years, low and behold last april wrtten up for some bogus things, such as a date on a report (which by the way, I never had to run with my former director). Referred to me in an email to another director as a wacko - surprising to her, I was checking her email for her because she had been out of town.

During this same year, we had an opening in our catering department - because of a death...low and behold, a job is created, not posted and a friend of her mothers is hired...she immediately started showing partiality...then around the HOlidays I had put in a request for time remember, the new lady had zero hours vacation...she questions my time off, but no problem for the new lady...I have countless pages of other things.....

Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
Do you feel that this has anything to do with race, religion, age, ethnicity, etc?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I think it has all to do with her dislike for me because I questioned her on the favoritism she was showing and she is the one with the power who can use it to her advantage. Myself and others have never seen anyone change as much as he did when she got the promotion to the current position...more than 360 degrees...she just has it out for me and is not going to stop until I am gone...she has made my life hell at work since she became director....
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
You're not going to like my answer. Companies have considerable right to hire/fire, demote/promote, and discipline workers, as long as said decision is not based on race/gender/ethnicity/religion/etc. "Personal dislike" is not one of the protected categories like "national origin." Thus, however unfair and blatantly idiotic the reason is, it is within the law for the company to make said decision. I am sorry.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up info.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ORANGE ACCEPT button for my answer. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work. Understand that when you put in your payment info, you still have not paid until you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at If you do this, make sure to being the question with “This Question is for Eli…”