Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

I ave a question. I was in another city and my car got stuck

Customer Question

I have a question. I was in another city and my car got stuck in the snow, I left to try and contact a tow service and when I returned my car was towed by a local tow company because I had abandoned my vehicle. Well I later found out who had towed my car to find out that they had destroyed my vehicle due to a bad tow. How do I go about getting my vehicle fixed due o this company destrying my vehicle?
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Good Morning,

If the towing company will not agree to pay for the repairs to your vehicle, you will have to sue them in Small Claims Court in the city where your car was towed. The reason I suggest Small Claims Court is that you do not need a lawyer so you will not have to pay any attorney fees, the filing fee is very low and a hearing date is scheduled fairly quickly

______________________________________________________________________________

Positive Feedback, BONUS, are nice ways to say “Thank You” for the Expert’s time and effort in assisting you

If you have questions in the future, please feel free to ask for me by typing my name at the beginning of your question

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for allowing me to assist you and Good Luck!

ANDREA, JD, LLM

Member, NY & PA Bar

Don't forget to leave positive feedback!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Which division in small claims court do I need to pursue?
There usually are no divisions in most Small Claims Court. You just go in and write out the complaint by hand and file it.

________________________________________________________________________________

ANDREA, JD, LLM

Member, NY & PA Bar