Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

okay so i got a ticket for going 60 in a 30. i am totally fine

okay so i got a ticket for going 60 in a 30. i am totally fine with that. but my friend, who was riding with me, got pulled over by the same officer doing the same speed and yet he didn't give her a warning or a ticket. he simply told her to put her hand over her heart and promise to never do it again. do i have a case?

Response: Unfortunately no since the ticket that you received is legitimate. There are reasons officers can pull someone over without giving the person a ticket. The officer is allowed to use his discretion.