Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

My son was involved in a minor traffice accident there in Va.

My son was involved in a minor traffice accident there in Va. with no injuries and the car was repairable. The car did not belong to him. It was towed the night of the accident. The owner only had Liability Ins. and my son was ticketed for the accident. The owner of the car decided to scrap the car without giving him the opportunity to get an estimate of repair or to repair the car. He offered to pay blue book value but the father wants twice as much. Is he legally obligated to pay for the car?
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Good Evening,

He is liable to pay for the cost of repairs. If the owner scrapped the car, he cannot collect twice the amount; even if he were to sue your son, the Judge would look at the bluebook value of the car and that is what your son would be ordered to pay.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Positive Feedback, BONUS, are nice ways to say “Thank You” for the Expert’s time and effort in assisting you

If you have questions in the future, please feel free to ask for me by typing my name at the beginning of your question

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for allowing me to assist you and Good Luck!

ANDREA, JD, LLM

Member, NY & PA Bar

Don't forget to leave positive feedback!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
When the judge would look at blue book value, would it be trade in, private party or suggested retail value?
He will probably take the average, that would be the only fair thing to do

______________________________________________________________________________________

ANDREA, JD, LLM

Member, NY & PA Bar