Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

I went to look at a 2010 Honda Pilot today and i signed a lease

I went to look at a 2010 Honda Pilot today and i signed a lease for it. I did not have the money on me so they said i can come back tomorrow and pay them. Once i left the dealership i start to have a change of heart. Is the transaction completed even though i did not pay yet? What can i do to void this transaction?
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Good Evening,

Once you sign the contract, it's binding on both parties and the dealer can sue you. There is no 3 day right of rescission that most people believe they have in any of the 50 states

_________________________________________________________________________________

Positive Feedback, BONUS, are nice ways to say “Thank You” for the Expert’s time and effort in assisting you

If you have questions in the future, please feel free to ask for me by typing my name at the beginning of your question

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for allowing me to assist you and Good Luck!

ANDREA, JD, LLM

Member, NY & PA Bar

Don't forget to leave positive feedback!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So nothing can be done? i seen similar question like this on google. they said that the dealer have the power to void it if they want to. is that true?
If you can talk the dealer into voiding the contract so that the dealer does not sue you, that's fine, but otherwise you are bound by the contract, just as the dealer would be bound. He would not be able to get out the contract either.

That is the law in all 50 states, there is no right of rescission as most people think

______________________________________________________________________________________

ANDREA, JD, LLM

Member, NY & PA Bar

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.