Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

Arkansas condemnation law how long does it take after the city

Arkansas condemnation law how long does it take after the city has condemn your property you have the right to file a an injunction
Q. When did the city take your property ?

Q. Was it for a public purpose ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No they want to tear it down. I was hurt an accident. I was waiting for a settlement.

I understand now I'm going to have to start over with that. Now this have happen every time I meet with them they want to buy my property.

The law requires that the city must give you notice that it is going to condemn your property. If the city did not give you this required notice, you must go to Court and ask the Judge to issue an injunction preventing them from doing anything because they did not give you the notice required by the condemnation law

__________________________________________________________________________________

Positive Feedback, BONUS, are nice ways to say “Thank You” for the Expert’s time and effort in assisting you

If you have questions in the future, please feel free to ask for me by typing my name at the beginning of your question

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for allowing me to assist you and Good Luck!

ANDREA, JD, LLM

Member, NY & PA Bar

Don't forget to leave positive feedback!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Before they met with me I was supposed to talk to the planning commitee. The meeting was cancelled. Then I met with the mayor and the chief inspector in their office after they had already voted with out informing me of the meeting.

You did not have the opportunity to be heard and to voice your objections. You must immediately file with the Court and ask that a Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) pending a full hearing in which you have the opportunity to tell the Judge your side of the story and ask for a Permanent Injunction to the city taking your property

At the same time, you should write a letter and hand deliver it or send it certified mail, return receipt requested. The letter should state that your Constitutional rights to your property have been violated and you have been denied due process of law. The letter should be addressed to the head of the planning committee and the Mayor

___________________________________________________________________________________

ANDREA, JD, LLM

Member, NY & PA Bar