Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

A person come to you and says they desire to sell their home

A person come to you and says they desire to sell their home is their principal residence but they have not lived in it for some time, trough they still call it home.what code section do you turn to for guidance and what are all the parameters you can think of that deal with the issues of taxation on the sale of a principal residence? (code 121)
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 7 years ago.

If the proceeds of the sale are used to buy another residence, none of the proceeds will be taxed

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Please press "ACCEPT" so that I may receive credit for assisting you;

Positive Feedback, BONUS, are nice ways to say "Thank You" for the Expert's time and effort in assisting you

If you have questions in the future, please feel free to ask for me by typing my name at the beginning of your question

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for allowing me to assist you and Good Luck!

ANDREA, JD, LLM

Member, NY & PA Bar

Don't forget to leave positive feedback!