Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I wrote earlier about my grandkids

Customer Question

I wrote earlier about my grandkids
Expert:  Sam replied 6 years ago.

hi

i am not finding any questions under your name. what is it you need to know?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My daughter and my grandchildren lived gere for 3 years my daughter went to North Carolina and left my 2 grandaughters with me .my other daughter watches them while I work nd she took them to the store and someone called the cops on my daughter because they thought one of them were missing the cops came and they called cps because we didnt have custody of the girls cps took them..we didnt know we needed anything in writing but since then my daughter wrote a and had notorized a letter stating that I have temporary custody of the girls and we go to court on tuesday but I dont know if the letter will help now ...I want my grandkids back
Expert:  Sam replied 6 years ago.

hi

this sounds like a huge misunderstanding. if you daughter is not saying you kidnapped the children and has provide a notarized letter to that effect and your home is stable and non abusive, i dont see why you wouldn't get them back

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
cps is requesting that they stay in foster care and I dont know what to do or say to get them back at the hearing on tuesday they are going to talk to my daughter by phone and the dad in georgia and we can go but they said we dont have to I need to get my granddaughters out of there since they have been taken they have had more bruises then when they are just playing in the yard ...I have never been envolved with cps before and I have raised 4 children
Expert:  Sam replied 6 years ago.

hi

thank you

you need to bring pictures of you and the kids in your home, pictures of your home, pictures of their bedrooms, etc. you also can try to get other family members to testify as to the care they have with you - if they are in school, bring their school records to show they are well-adjusted in your care. if they are not yet in school, then get letters from neighbors, peditrician's, etc showing that the children are not abused nor neglected and that being with their family is in their best interests

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

One is 5 one is 3 and they are not in school yet we also have letters from friends we only have pictures on our cell phones we have family that is going to court with us on tuesday.. Do u think the notorized letter from my daughter will help at court even though its after the fact??

Expert:  Sam replied 6 years ago.

hi

yes, i think that letter is very important. if the children have lived with you all that time and there is no evidence of abuse a court would be hard pressed to take them from a loving environment.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The police told cps that the kids were dirty had no shoes and were unsuppervised and they woman at the at&t store whom was the witness told the cps case manager that the children were None of the above but cannot put it in writing for court... What kind of picures should be taken??
Expert:  Sam replied 6 years ago.

hi

well, if there is a witness she can be subpoenaed by your attorney and she will need to tell the truth.

pictures of your home, the kids' bedrooms, anything you might have of birthday parties, picnics and other outings with you all having fun.

Edited by Sam on 3/1/2010 at 1:01 PM EST