Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.

A woman asked if I was stalking her She rides the same metro-link

A woman asked if I was stalking her? She rides the same metro-link transport--minimal conversation in the past and none in the past two months. She takes the same metro--different sections. No conversation there or on the platform waiting for the train. I happened to arrive at the elevator/for the overpass, at the same time (only two people standing there). She asked me was, with a scowl, was I stalking her.
Under California law, stalking is more than taking the same train. It is defined by statute as: " Willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows or harasses another and makes credible threat with intent to place another in reasonable fear for own safety or safety of his/her immediate family" 646.9(a).

What you describe lacks the intent element. If you are not omitting anything, the woman sounds like she may be a bit unbalanced. Try to avoid contact with her as best you can.