Lawmoe
Lawmoe, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Lawyer with 19 years of litigation experience in state and federal court systems.
3560666

Florida, I demonstrated, picketed, took out newpaper ads etc

Florida, I demonstrated, picketed, took out newpaper ads etc to protest a doctor's treatment of me. He sued me for libel, defamation. Judge J. Marx a judge in Palm Beach County had a hearing and issued a gag order (no ads, no media, no talking to doctor's patients, demonstrating only 300 yards away etc etc.)

I filed a motion to recuse Judge Marx. He just signed the papers to recuse himself (rightly so). Does this cancel, negate his gag order, if not how do I get it cancelled.
Also I would like to mail him a copy of the Constitution Of the United States of America and First Amendment......no note, nothing but mail it to him.....any risk in that ?
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 6 years ago.

The order remains in place unless it is rescinded or vacated by a subsequent court order. Freedom of speech is not unlimited. A court may issue an injunction precluding further dissemination of information pending a final resolution of the case.

For such an injunction, the party seeking the restraint must show irreparable harm and a likelihood of prevailing on the merits of the case.

You can file a Motion to vacate the order.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Any repercussions if I mail a copy of U S Constitution to the Judge who recused himself, I was pro se and he truly was extremely biased aginst me beyond description (his pregnant wife, a lawyer was murdered by a person who was pro se)
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 6 years ago.

It would not be wise and serves no purpose. Remember, Judges are human and, in the same district, they do speak to one another as do their clerks. He recuse himself. Mover forward in a productive fashion contesting the claims made.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Good advice. Thanks
Expert:  Lawmoe replied 6 years ago.
Good luck to you in your case. I am sorry to hear you are having these difficulties.