Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

In what ways does the Texas Constitution reflect the influence

In what ways does the Texas Constitution reflect the influence of the U.S. Constitution? What effect have changes in the U.S. Constitution had on the Texas Constitution?

My name is Eli and I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Is this a homework paper? How long does it have to be?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes this is homework, its has to be at least 10 sentences long an include examples.

The Texas Constitution and the United States Constitution have a lot in common. The current constitution of Texas took effect on February 15, 1876. The US Constitution has influenced the Texas Constitution in many ways. Like the US Constitution, the Texas Constitution has articles defining Powers of th Government, the Legislative Department, and the Executive Department. These definitions largely mirror those of the US Constitution. One may recall that Texas was its own state for several years, and aimed to adopt a similar trend as the US Constitution. The Texas Constitution even has a Bill of Rights. As the US Constitution has been defined and added upon over time, the Texas Constitution has also been influenced by these decisions. For example, court cases that dealt with the US Constitution have influenced the legality of the Texas Constitution as applied in practice.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up info.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button for my answer. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work. Understand that when you put in your payment info, you still have not paid until you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at If you do this, make sure to being the question with “This Question is for Eli…”