LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.

I received a Photo Radar ticket from the Star Valley Magistrate

I received a Photo Radar ticket from the Star Valley Magistrate Court in Arizona.
Do they charge you with points on these tickets?

Do they have to personally serve you the ticket? IF so do they set aside after 120 days?
Submitted: 6 years ago via SpeedingTicketCentral.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 years ago.
Good afternoon,

The AZ courts have ruled that all traffic tickets, including photo radar tickets, must be personally served. Service by mail is insufficient. So do NOT sign and return the ticket!!

No points are assessed for photo radar in AZ.

Here is a site which will explain the photo radar tickets in greater detail:

The violation is dismissed if you have not been personally served within 120 days.

I wish you well in 2010.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Ok, That info helps. Just a couple of more things.

Do they have the authority to suspend my License for not repsonding to the citation? My Driving record is great with all the points intact.

Do you belive that they would actually serve me here in Colorado?

Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 years ago.
A few AZ courts have, in the past, taken the position that they will ignore the higher court ruling and it is possible--in which case you would have to get an attorney and fight the suspension.

It is highly unlikely that they will serve you in another state. And the AZ court can not suspend your CO license.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Any History of the Star Valley Magistrate Court doing this?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 years ago.
I have absolutely no idea! How could I?

While I suspect that you may have more questions as regards XXXXX XXXXX as time goes on, under the rules of JustAnswer, users are supposed to ask only one question per question thread. While your many follow up questions do relate to the facts you have initially stated, they are in fact new and different questions and should be placed into a new question thread.

I have very patiently answered your questions and would very much appreciate your Accept of my answers at this point in time.