JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 11 years in practice as a litigator ... civil and criminal

I need to find a malpractice attorney, but I am afraid that

I need to find a malpractice attorney, but I am afraid that the doctor involved in my case is too well known, am I going to have to go outside of Grand Rapids, Mi to find a lawyer to represent me? It has been one year since my surgery disaster, still not healed, I am aware of two year statue of limitations on malpractice.
Expert:  JD replied 6 years ago.

Medical malpractice cases are expensive and difficult for attorneys. For this reason many attorneys only accept certain types of medical malpractice claims. I tell you this to let you know that your problem in finding an attorney is not an unusual one. You mention using the yellow pages... I recommend your next step be This legal directory is one that many of us use to find fellow attorneys in other jurisdictions. You can search by practice area (medical malpractice) and geographical location. The site also has peer review ratings of many attorneys that can assist your search.

Please reply if I can help further.

Remember to click ACCEPT only when you are satisfied with your answers. This is how we get paid for our time with your questions. I would also appreciate any positive feedback you could provide. If you are not satisfied then please reply to me so I can further assist you or find someone else to help. I am not your attorney. Therefore no attorney-client relationship exists and any communications on this website are not subject to the attorney-client privilege. For this reason, please do not divulge any personal information and use this site only for hypothetical questions. This forum is for general questions and answers and I cannot provide you with applicable law or legal opinions or advice in your jurisdiction. Please seek the advice of a competent attorney in your jurisdiction. While I can answer general questions and discuss general legal principles, I cannot give you legal advice in your state. The internet is a great place to get general information but should not be seen as a substitute for the attorney-client relationship or the services of a good lawyer in your state.

Edited by JD on 2/9/2010 at 8:30 PM EST