Jane T (LLC)
Jane T (LLC), Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Experienced attorney; contracts, internet, business, finance, employment, RE, consumer, & more.
2911261

**** JANE T***** Please help, From Snowden 1984 Below is

**** JANE T***** Please help, From Snowden 1984

Below is the link for my situation...
http://www.mediafire.com/?izan5rmwwdt

or

http://www.mediafire.com/file/izan5rmwwdt/Please Help Jane.docx
Expert:  Jane T (LLC) replied 4 years ago.

Hi snowden,

It looks like, based on what you described, you have a breach of contract situation with very little, to no time, for you to be able to find a satisfactory alternate location.

When a contract is involved the best place to start is normally to read that contract from cover to cover to see what rights they or you had to cancel at all and their obligation to provide exactly what they said they would. Different states have different laws, but normally in a situation where a contract is breached and a person is getting something different than they were promised, with little time or ability to rebook, then there are several options. You can try to negotiate as much as you possibly can, as you indicate (free, large discounts, better decoration, better food, anything). However, in many contract situations when a breach like this occurs it also can be considered a type of consumer fraud (after all, for months you have not been advised otherwise yet they knew months (according to them) of this problem). You can try to contact your state's attorney general's office to see what recourse you have for their failure (some states provide for up to 3 times your damages (all costs you have to spend to get what you originally bargained for or what you lost due to the failure to fulfill promises). Also, if there is a location that can take you SOME states (depending on their contract laws (you may need to go to court) allow you to book the other location and then charge back to the original site any extra amount you had to pay for the new location to get a comparable site. You may want to speak to the attorney general's office (some states have a consumer protection office at the attorney general others at the governor's office, but not all states have such an office) before you make any decisions.

There are no sure yes or no answers I can provide, as I know very little about this specific situation. But the basic contract information issues/rights, etc. given here should help you better approach any discussion.

Also, you may want to try and contact any local news channel or radio station that does a "consumer help" segment to see what they can work out for you (sometimes the publicity alone is enough to get help). You may want to try to call corporate also (if the location is owned by the corporate) to see if they can help.

Jane T (LLC), Lawyer (JD)
Experience: Experienced attorney; contracts, internet, business, finance, employment, RE, consumer, & more.

Hi snowden,