Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Im interested in selling Clipart from illustrations published

I'm interested in selling Clipart from illustrations published in books in the USA before 1923. Is this legal to do if I refuse to sell to anyone outside of the USA?
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
Yes, it is legal. You can decide to or not to sell your product to whomever your want.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I just want a little bit of clarification b/c the source where I got the books is warning that just because is considered public domain in the USA the copyright may be valid in other countries. But I shouldn't have to worry about this if I am certain the book is published in the USA before 1923 Correct?
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.

Unless a US copyright has been registered with another country's copyright office, this should not be an issue.